Sergey is a founder of a commercial organization, which is engaged in the delivery of food from restaurants Minsk residents. Let's say you often go to the same place and enjoy there any particular dish. Suddenly, today you would like the same dish, but do not want to leave the house - there is rain or cold. You call customer service or leave an electronic application - order what you want. Order process, and from any city restaurant catering brought out.
- In order to carry out such activities need operators - the people who will sit on the phone, taking calls from customers and generate ready-orders. This is the way our organization - says the source. - We have worked with a completely healthy people, but somehow it did not happen. Maybe, salary is not quite satisfied. We are a young organization, probably could not satisfy all 100%. Thought that nothing should interfere with these activities and people with disabilities. Especially that this nothing special should be: internet access, access to the phone and everything. Find contact potential applicants contacted - they accepted the idea with enthusiasm, and we were satisfied. Able to agree quickly, new employees fully meet our needs. And what's the difference if they have any physical features or not? They cope with the work, and it is a commercial company is perhaps the most important.
- In fact, you are willing to employ people with limited mobility?
- Yes, of course. Specificity of work is such that the employee may be where he's comfortable: at home, in the country. This is the most remote form of work, which has recently been a lot of talk, some of her dream, but not every person with an absolute 100 percent health can afford it. For people who travel in a wheelchair, this new form of work is often very convenient.
- Employers are often afraid to employ people with disabilities, for fear of any additional obligations related to the organization of the working process. Your example illustrates how you can adapt jobs without additional investments and settlement office. Right?
- Let's think logically and modern. Now Belarus comes to what needs modernization in all spheres. Throughout the world, is well-known model of outsourcing, with each passing day, this sphere is expanding more and more. Why not? Why keep a person in the office, equip him workplace tied to any schedule, if it can be trite uncomfortable - for example, for a long time to get to the office. Outsourcing model allows anyone to work in any company, wherever it was. And here, in my opinion, it does not matter whether you have a disability or not. Absolutely anyone can sit at home, able to respond to calls, generate reports, do planning and to provide all of this in an electronic form. In the court of the 21st century, new technologies make it possible to work differently: where and when it is convenient.
- How many people with disabilities working in your organization?
- At the moment we have two operators, they work on a "two by two" for 12 hours. Over time, the company will continue to grow, to expand, the more orders, the more operators will be free.
- Are you willing to speak openly about the fact that your company employs people with disabilities?
- I absolutely do not understand those people who conceal such facts. I do not see anything wrong, or anything that could ruin the reputation of the organization. In my opinion, on the contrary, it speaks about the social responsibility of business. That is to say that the head of such an organization is looking broadly selects skilled workers, those who cope with their responsibilities. If employees with disabilities is good and for a long time working in the company, it indicates that the manager decides to its function, he chose those employees who work quality, profitable organization and help it develop. Hide this fact, in my opinion, stupid.
Personally, I would never intentionally blow that my organization staffed with disabilities. It makes no sense to tell, very few people interested, how our organization from within. Person is important to get the right product or service that the company produces or provides. It is indeed important. If someone asks a question, then I'll never hide.
- What do you think, does the state have any way to encourage employers to employ people with a disability?
- I honestly do not know how now acute problem with the distribution of job seekers with disabilities in employment, whether they are employed as a percentage of the national scale. If the problem is a lack of jobs for people with disabilities, there is, of course, you need to solve it.
Private business is growing with each passing year becomes more and more of the various organizations that expand their staff. Why do not they provide a place for these employees? If a national scale problem is very serious, of course, need to improve conditions for these organizations. Then organizations will have an incentive to seek and recruit people with disabilities.
It's hard to say what preferences for employers would be ideal. Here is necessary to proceed from the scale of the problem: if, for example, wants to get a thousand people with disabilities for the rest of Belarus, it is one condition, if a million or more - all other emergency. In the latter case, you need to talk about "superuluchshenii" policy with respect to such companies of tax breaks, etc. Universal Board can not give. To understand the scale of change needed, it is important to study in detail the statistics.
- What, in your opinion, can make the employer, ceteris paribus give preference to the health of workers, rather than the applicant with a disability?
- Nothing. If a person performs quality work at 100%, then nothing. There is work to be done - and this is important. Who cares who it will do? Personally, I have no preference nor there, nor there.
- Do you agree with the fact that an employee with a disability is less likely to go on increasing?
- You know, there depends on the organization and on what she was doing - manufacturing, services ... In some organizations, employees can advance their careers, while others, such as small and medium-sized enterprises - no. Movement of personnel and career development are possible in large enterprises, numbering 100-500 people. If this small organization, which, for example, a consultant, then there are only five people in the state, each of the employees - a specialist in his field. And under the most favorable conditions, a person can not perform the functions of an accountant or lawyer, if he technologist.
- This question to you is how not to the head of a commercial firm, as well as the director of the business alliance. Can you predict what problems may face a novice businessman with a disability?
- Probably only with logistics if has limited mobility. We have to open their own business - IP or other forms of ownership - you need to come personally to the bodies of state administration and to apply. Purely from this position, he may have difficulty relating to the availability of protection. Other restrictions in Belarus, I do not know, in fact, nothing more should not prevent to open a business, to become a founder, director.
- Is there anything in your environment are examples of people with disabilities who are successful in business?
- I know a man who has no arms or legs - it's Alexey Talai, he lives in the Vitebsk region. At the moment, he built his own house, engaged in consulting services. Now, he established another fund, engaged in charity. This example can inspire hundreds of thousands of people who are not motivated enough to see any obstacles in something. A man without arms or legs colorful life full lives, which can be just envy.
The interview was made in the framework of the campaign "Accessibility"