Work at Hack4SocialChange UN will be organized in the form of a Hackaton – for 48 hours participants will be developing prototypes which will help solve social problems and challenges. It can be a mobile or a web application, projects based on 3d-printing, projects which use augmented reality, electronic devices based on Arduino or Raspberry PI, and urban projects - architectural, city and many more.
The focus will be on three main themes:
1. Healthy lifestyle: think of innovative ways to raise awareness about HIV and tuberculosis.
2. Environment: think of ways to promote a "green" way of life in Belarus. For example, how to promote products in packages made of recycled materials or how to motivate companies to follow ecological principles in business.
3. Employment for people with disabilities: how to motivate business to be accessible and meet the needs of employees and / or customers with disabilities?
During Hackaton, on September 20-21, participants will develop a prototype of solutions to these problems. During the event the invited experts together with the participants of the Hackaton try to find a workable solutions to these three non-trivial problems and get a chance to develop further ideas into real initiatives with the UN. There will be an opportunity to talk with the experts about the latest technologies and try them out in real life. Food and all the essential resources are guaranteed during the event, as well as opportunities to relax / chill out, not to mention the Red Bull for 48-hour marathon!
Want to participate in Hack4SocialChange? We are looking for talented
Experts on e-Marketing
Everyone who wants to change lives for the better.
For the participation:
Send your idea of one of the three themes, not later than 23.59 August 3, 2014 to the e-mail email@example.com
More information: http://undp.by/en/undp/innovationlab/
Program of Hack4SocialChange UN:
1. Collection of ideas (Call4Ideas) 28.05.2014 - 03.08.2014
2. A jury of experts selects the best 15 ideas
3. Pre-mitap: participants meet with UN experts and mentors 01.09.2014 - 09.07.2014
4. Hack4SocialChange itself 20-21.09.2014 - ideas are implemented within 48 hours with the help of mentors and experts, who will also give workshops.
Top three prototypes (corresponding to each of the themes) will be part of UN projects and will receive $ 1,500 as a grant.